Spicy Coffee Infused Cowboy Sausage & Potato Hash
By: Areli - Hopkins, MA - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This recipe is a tasty way to transform ordinary ingredients into something extraordinary. The smoky chipotle in adobo infused with the bold, smoky coffee blend creates a perfect combination of ingredients. Together this is a mouth watering serving of breakfast that is easy to make, even at a campground, yet packed with harmonious flavors. Enjoy!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Private Reserve Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 10-12 Petite potatoes
- 8 oz. Pork Sausage
- 2 tbsp. Chipotle in adobo
- 1 cup freshly brewed Door County Private Reserve Coffee
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp. Canola oil
- 1 Scallion (chopped)
- 1 oz. Queso fresco
- 1/2 tsp. Door County Private Reserve Coffee ground
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Cut potatoes in fourths.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high and add sausage. Cook for 2 minutes and add potatoes, stir occasionally and season with salt.
- In a food processor, mix chipotle in adobo and coffee until well combined. Add to the potato and sausage mix, turn heat to low and simmer until the coffee/chipotle sauce is evaporated or consumed.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium, add canola oil and cook an over easy egg. Mix scallions, queso fresco, ground coffee and salt to make a crumble.
- Serve by placing sausage and cowboy potatoes first, over easy egg on top and topping with queso fresco, scallions and coffee crumbled. Serves 1. Enjoy!