Triple Coffee Lemon Bars
By: Troy W. - Sanford, LA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Caramel Latte Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 teaspoons finely ground Door County Caramel Latte Coffee grounds
- 2 oz. strongly brewed Door County Colombian Coffee
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed Door County Creme Coffee
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cream 1/4 cup white sugar and 8 tablespoons butter and 2 teaspoons Door County Caramel Latte Coffee grounds.
- Then add 1 cup all purpose flour and blend to make dough.
- Press into 9x9 pan and bake until top is brown (about 20 minutes) remove from oven.
- Zest and juice 3 large lemons.
- In medium mixing bowl add lemon juice, 2 large eggs, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, 2 ounces of Door County Colombian brewed coffee, 1 cup white sugar, and 1/4 cup all purpose flour. Whisk until smooth and lump free.
- Pour mixture on top of crust and bake until firm (about 20 minutes) remove from oven allow cool.
- Add 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 4 ounces butter and 1/4 cup strongly brewed Door County Creme Coffee and bring to boil until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens. Allow to cool.
- Cut bars, top with coffee caramel drizzle and powdered sugar.