Vanilla Almond Cheesecake with Coffee Crumble
By: Hidemi - Plainfield, IN - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This cake has everything I love, coffee, vanilla, almond, almond milk and cream cheese! I made this to celebrate my personal event. Since this is for my treat, I added everything I love but since this is so delicious (if I say so myself), I shared with my husband and parents-in-law who love cheesecake and coffee as well. Anything I cook and share with my parents-in-law is very special to me because they treat me as their real daughter, not in-law. My parents are living in Japan and I see them once a year but I have great parents here in America so I never feel "alone" or "lonely" thanks to my parents-in-law!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Vanilla Cappuccino Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 and 1/2 cups Finely crushed graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) Cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons Door County Vanilla Cappuccino Coffee (ground)
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted butter (cold)
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Door County Vanilla Cappuccino Coffee (ground)
- 1/2 cup Sliced almonds
- In a bowl, mix together graham crackers and melted butter. Transfer the mixture into a 9 inch cake pan.
- With hand, press mixture firmly on the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a saucepan, put almond milk. Turn on the heat to medium. Just before it starts to boil, turn off the heat and stir in 4 tablespoons of coffee.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Make coffee almond crumble:
- In a bowl, mix together 3/4 cup of flour, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of coffee.
- Add 5 tablespoons of butter to the bowl and mix until crumbly. Mix in sliced almonds and set aside.
- In a bowl of stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup of granulated sugar on medium speed.
- Add egg one at a time and keep beating until smooth. After 5 minutes, strain the coffee and almond milk mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the bowl of stand mixer. Beat until smooth.
- Lastly beat in 1/4 cup of flour. Take the cake pan out of the refrigerator and pour the mixture into the crust and put the crumbles over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 37-40 minutes until center of the cheesecake jiggles slightly when you tap the pan. Turn off the heat and let the cake sit in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take the cake out of the oven, let cool to room temperature then refrigerate until chilled.