World Championship Coffee Bacon Jam
By: Mike C. - London, OH - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Adding a layer of coffee to the dish was imperative to the creation of a perfect dish."
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Private Reserve Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- ½ cup of Door County Private Reserve Coffee
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 cup of diced onion
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Salt, to taste
1. Dice 6 strips of bacon and pan fry on medium heat until most fat has rendered. Then remove bacon and reserve
2. Drain the fat leaving 2 tbsp of the bacon grease in the pan
3. Add onions and sauté until soft and translucent, then add brown sugar and continue to simmer until there is a nice brown caramelization
4. Add coffee and bacon, and reduce until a thick paste is created
5. Season to taste