Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
Good luck naming a vegetable that isn’t in this tasty version of Minestrone! An easy and healthy crock-pot meal after a long day at work…the perfect combo!
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 handful of fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ cup dry barley
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 T dried parsley
- ½ t dried thyme
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 28-oz can crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1 t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- Grated cheese
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until veggies are tender.
- Sprinkle individual servings with grated cheese.