Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee Gelato
By: Anastasia - Phoenix, AZ - Recipe Contest 2015
"My recipe is a real treasure for Door County coffee-lovers, especially during the summer! What can be better than a scoop of homemade Gelato with the taste of your favorite coffee?
This recipe of Gelato is suitable even for people who don't have a special Gelato machine! You will absolutely love it!"
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee 10 oz. Ground
- 1 single serve of Door County Coffee Chocolate Caramel Truffle
- 1 lb heavy whipped cream
- 5 oz milk
- 3.5 oz brown sugar
- 5 yolks
- Combine milk and heavy cream in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the saucepan to heat and cook until the first bubbles start appearing.
- Whip Yolks withsugar in a lush mass.
- Stirring constantly, pour the heavy cream mass into the yolk mass.
- Bring the resulting mass back to heat.
- Add 1 single serve of Door County Coffee Chocolate Caramel Truffle and cook until the mass is thick.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and keep stirring for 2 more minutes.
- After the mass is cooled, pour it into the plastic container, cover with the lid, and place in the freezer.
- After 2 hours remove the mass from the freezer and beat with a mixer
Repeat above steps for 3-4 times.