Coffee Toffee Crunch
By: Jocelyn - Wild Rose, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
"These are made as gifts of love to family and close friends for the holidays."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Bourbon Barrel Pound Cake Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup softened butter
- 11/4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups fine chop nuts (Pecans or Almonds are best)
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp Door County Coffee Bourbon Barrel Pound Cake ground coffee
- Heat butter, sugar, corn syrup and water to 300 degree's in a good heavy 2 qrt pot.
- Mix in Bourbon Barrel Pound Cake coffee
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of nuts and vanilla.
- Quickly pour into a 9x13 sprayed cake pan.
- While cooling to room temp melt chocolate.
- Spread chocolate over toffee and sprinkle remaining nuts.
- Pierce toffee with knife to crack into desired pieces.