Orange Creme Coffee Granita
By: Jamie - Rio Hondo, TX - Recipe Contest 2015
"Can easily be made with your favorite flavor of Coffee."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Sweet Clementine Coffee 8 oz. Ground
- 4 Cups Strong Sweet Clementine Coffee (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- In a 2 quart freezer container stir together coffee & Sugar until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add Half & Half, stir until combined.
- Cool to room temperature and place in the freezer. Freeze at least three hours stirring every half hour.
- Scrape with spoon to serve.
If the Granita is too hard, allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.