Sweet Clementine Buttercream Cake
By: Linda Bonwill - World Class Cooking
Take The Cake! Winner, winner, coffee spinner!
Put a twist to the traditional basic cake mix. Substitute coffee in place of liquid which is called for in a simple cake recipe.
We added a bit of the newest flavor, Sweet Clementine coffee, and turned a basic cake into the most decadent and delicious dessert. The icing is buttery, creamy, and zesty and pairs so well with the robust flavor of this unique cake. Everyone will think it came from a professional bakery, but we won't tell if you don't.
Featured Product: Sweet Clementine 8 oz ground coffee
- Use your favorite box cake mix.
- Follow directions on the box.
- Exception: Where the instructions call for water or milk, use fresh Sweet Clementine coffee instead.
- 4 Sticks Sweet Cream Butter, Softened
- 4-5 cups Powdered Sugar.
- 2 tsp Vanilla, clear
- 4 TBS Heavy Cream
- 2 TBS Clementine Orange Zest
1. Add the softened butter to a large mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, whip until creamy.
2. Mix in one cup of sugar at a time. Mix in the cream and zest. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix until all ingredients are combined.
Please Note: This recipe makes enough icing for a four-layer 9 inch round cake.